Stephen Paddock, the man who killed 59 and wounded more than 500 with his Sunday night shooting in Las Vegas, owned a total of 42 firearms between his home in Mesquite, about 130 kilometers from the scene, and the hotel room where he stayed.
Authorities found 23 such weapons in the hotel room from where Paddock fired at the discretion of 22,000 people attending an open-air concert at a country music festival, Todd Fasulo, a Clark County Sheriff’s Deputy, to which belongs Las Vegas.
1. People run from the area at the Route 91 Harvest country music festival after gunfire rained down on the crowd on Oct. 1 in Las Vegas.
2. People lie on the ground covered with blood at the Route 91 Harvest country music festival.
3. People flee past a concession stand after gunfire erupted.
4. People scramble over fences seeking shelter from the rounds of gunfire.
5. People crouching near concession stands after a shooter opened fire on concertgoers.
6. People carry a wounded person from the grounds as an active shooter fired rounds into the crowd.
7. A man lies on top of a woman as others flee the Route 91 Harvest country music festival grounds.
8. A man in a wheelchair is pushed away at the Route 91 Harvest country music festival after gunfire erupted.
9. People crouch down as others run for cover.
10. Las Vegas police stand guard along the streets outside country music festival grounds after the shooting.