New York Cheesecake. Soft and creamy recipe
In this article, I will show you how to prepare the best American cheesecake or New York Cheesecake. I will confess, and I think many will understand me, I am an absolute cheese addict.
I like all the types there are, and if someone offers me to try a new one, I assure you that I will not think twice and I will eat it, sure that there is a very high percentage of possibilities that I like.
And with such an addiction, it is clear that I am able to put it in everything: in the pasta, in the salad, in the baked vegetables with a good gratin, the pizza if it is only of better cheese, in sandwiches, in the French tortilla, And of course, in one of my favorite desserts, the cheesecake.
New York Cheesecake Recipe
Ingredients for the base
100 g Maria type cookies
60 g butter
2 tablespoon vanilla essence
70 g of nuts to taste (nuts, hazelnuts, almonds, etc)
Ingredients for cream cheese
4 eggs M
600 g of “Philadelphia” cheese
500 ml of pastry cream with 35% fat
200 g of sugar
1 Greek yogurt
raspberry or strawberry jam (decoration)
natural strawberries and raspberries (decoration)
New York Cheesecake Preparation
1. First, crush the cookies until they are powdery and then chop the nuts. Once you have this, melt the butter in the microwave until it is liquid.
2. Put the cookies, nuts and add the butter and vanilla in a detachable mold (use an 18 or 20 cm mold). Make sure that vanilla and butter reach everywhere, and that the dough that is created is very compact. For that, press with your fingers or with a spoon. Once this is done, line the mold with aluminum foil as you see in the picture below.
3. Heat the oven to 180 degrees, and once the temperature is reached, introduce the mold into the oven for 10 minutes, so that the base is browned and hardened.
4. Meanwhile, we prepare the cream cheese, so beat the eggs with the sugar, until they whiten. Then add the cream, Greek yogurt, and cheese. You will need to beat this mixture with the blender, but do it carefully, trying to get the least amount of air.
5. After 10 minutes, remove the mold from the oven, and lower the temperature of the oven to 150 degrees. Pour the cream cheese on the base of cookies that will already be crispy and put the mold on a tray with depth. What we will do is put some water, like a finger high, since we will bake the cake in a water bath. The baking paper we put at the beginning will ensure that no water enters the cake.
6. Insert it in the oven at 150 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Once the time has passed, turn off the oven, open it a little, and let it cool inside.
7. Once the cake is cold, decorate it with the jam and fruits you want to put it in the fridge for at least two more hours or until serving time.
Tricks and tips
One of the key points of this recipe is nuts. Put the ones you like best and in the amount you want, but don’t forget to try it with them. I love to put a lot of nuts and hazelnuts.
Baking the base 10 minutes makes the cookie become a single block, so when we put the cream cheese it does not mix with biscuit pieces or nuts, as well as when moving the cake to the serving plate or cutting a piece, the cookie does not break into a thousand pieces.
Make sure you beat the cream cheese well, but that you do it calmly and carefully. Think that this recipe is very easy and quick to make. You just have to be patient in this step. Do not raise the mixer too much to avoid getting too much air.
If you want to prevent it from drying out above and break and form cracks, a very common thing in cheesecakes, you have to bake it in a water bath. Baked this evaporate. Calculate a finger tall.
To prevent the cake from coming into direct contact with water, line the mold with aluminum foil as you see in the picture.
Put the cake in the middle of the oven with heat up and down.
How To Make New York Cheesecake – Video
Read More Interesting Recipes