Learn how to prepare these delicious pancakes with bacon for breakfast
This twist on traditional pancakes transforms the classic breakfast recipe into a two-in-one breakfast that is excellent for grabbing and leaving while eating.
This is how practical these pancakes with bacon are, as well as delicious, because of the pleasing flavor of the salty contained in the sweet.
The use of coconut flour-based pancakes with a slice of crispy bacon cooked in the middle is an easy way to make your breakfast practical and original that will please both adults and children alike.
Ingredients: Pancake recipe with bacon for breakfast
Servings: 4 pieces
- 4 strips of bacon (the best quality if you can do it, first is health)
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Butter or ghee for organic cooking
- Pure maple syrup to serve or any syrup or honey of your liking
How To Make Bacon Pancakes Step By Step
Coconut flour can be difficult to use and requires more moisture than other flours due to its dense and absorbent nature. The combination of this flour with coconut oil and coconut milk helps create a thick and smooth dough – perfect for making pancakes and covering salted bacon strips.
1. Start by cooking the bacon until it is crispy and reserve. Cut the ends of the bacon after cooking so that the shape of the pancake fits well. Make sure to save the ends to eat – you can crumble and sprinkle on top of your pancakes at the end, use them in another recipe, or eat them while you cook.
2. Next, make the dough by whisking together the eggs, coconut milk, and coconut oil until they combine very well. Add in coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda. The mixture should be slightly thick, but still, slide a spoon or a whisk.
3. Heat a large griddle over medium / low heat and melt the butter or ghee on the surface. Use a Cuchara cup measuring spoon to take the mixture in the form of strips to the iron, leaving enough space between them.
4. Place a strip of bacon on each pancake and press gently so that it sticks. Cover each with another strip of dough on each slice of bacon to finish forming the complete pancake.
The Tricks To Cooking These Pancakes With Bacon
Note: The trick to cooking these pancakes with bacon is slow. Because they are denser than a standard pancake, they need to cook longer so they do not fall apart when they turn.
The heat that is too high would burn the bottom before the pancakes have been cooked enough inside to be flipped; 4-5 minutes on each side does the trick.
Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown in the top and bottom. It’s ready to serve with pure maple syrup or any syrup or honey that is of your liking.