How To Make Gingerbread Cookies From Buckingham Palace
The gingerbread cookies are a classic this season and become a perfect gift for our loved ones and to have them at home and even to decorate.
Recipes there are millions, almost all with the same essence, but what if we give you a very special place too? Yes, the same ones that are prepared in Buckingham Palace.
This week, the Palace’s pastry chefs revealed how to create these beautiful and delicious famous cookies from scratch.
“It’s always better to let the dough rest. So it would be great if you can make it the night before,” reveals one of the real pastry chefs.
“You can also spread the dough, cut the shapes and place them in a freezer for an hour. This ensures that they keep their shape very well. ”
Once cut into festive shapes, the cookies can be decorated with frosting. For a special touch, you can even customize each cookie.
Another way to take advantage of them is that when the glaze is completely dry, you can also pass a ribbon through the cookies and then hang them on the Christmas tree as decorations.
Here the recipe for 10 gingerbread cookies 50 millimeters in diameter.
200 grams of flour
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon mixed spices
100 grams of unsalted butter
75 grams of muscovado sugar
25 grams of granulated sugar to sprinkle
45 grams of milk
Glaze to decorate
How To Make Gingerbread Cookies:
1. Sift the flour and spices, add the butter in pieces and undo with your fingers.
2. Add the milk to make a paste. Wrap in kitchen plastic and let it rest for a minimum of 2 hours (it is best to leave it overnight).
3. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
4. Spread the dough about 3 mm (but it depends on the size of the cookie you want to make), cut into the desired shapes and place on non-stick paper or silicone plate, sprinkle with a little-granulated sugar before baking between 11 to 15 minutes or until they look golden.
5. Allow the bowls to cool completely on a rack before decorating with the glaze.
How To Make Gingerbread Cookies – Video
What do you think about the recipe?