How to Make Delicious Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Drink
The Pumpkin Spice Latte is a Starbucks drink that usually has for the fall in the United States as a seasonal drink. I tried it a couple of years ago when I was in New York for a week on vacation and the truth was that it was very good, I had always wanted to replicate it and now it was the best time with the arrival of autumn.
For Americans when September arrives their cups turn into pumpkins eager to receive their share of Pumpkin Spice Latte. At Starbucks USA they have been able to take advantage of one of their seasonal products, 11 years ago that the PSL (as it is known in the social media) saw the light, since then Starbucks customers have asked for more than 200 million of this drink. In addition, the marketing campaign and all the fans with an obsession similar to that of the musical stars have made this drink the forerunner of autumn.
Making a little history
The Pumpkin Spice Latte began its journey in 2003 when Starbucks focused more on seasonal Christmas drinks (such as Peppermint Mocca ) than something more focused on the fall, so seeing that they were going to escape an opportunity they set out to find a new drink among different flavors and thought something that would remind them of the dessert star of Thanksgiving, the pumpkin pie, for which the species of Pumpkin Pie Spice is used . They had no idea what that would mean.
Here’s How to Make Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Drink
— Pumpkin Spice Latte (@TheRealPSL) August 8, 2018
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 and ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 and ½ teaspoon ground cloves
To make the Pumpkin Pie Spice we have to mix all the spices from the ingredients part.
I recommend that you use the measures of pastry teaspoons (teaspoon/tablespoon) since Americans use them for everything.
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract
- 500ml of milk
- 1 or 2 shots of espresso
- Cream or milk foam
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the pumpkin puree, Pumpkin Pie Spice and a pinch of black pepper for a few minutes.
2. Add the sugar and mix until it looks like a syrup.
3. Heat the milk with the vanilla extract over medium heat without it boiling.
4. Mix the hot milk with a hand blender (care and do not burn) with the mixture of pumpkin and spices that we have done previously.
5. Prepare the espresso (the measure of a shot is the espresso cup) and put it in the cup where you are going to serve the drink, carefully check the milk mixture that we have prepared.
6. Finally, add the cream or milk foam and sprinkle a little of the Pumpkin Pie Spice for a delicious touch.
7. The proportion is approximately ¼ of espresso, 2/4 of the milk mixture and ¼ of cream or milk foam.
Note: if you do not want to use cream and you have a milk frother, you can put some milk froth at the end, you will have a delicious drink equally