Soft Gingerbread cookies are a classic in Christmas recipes. There are many dads and moms who dare to share time with their children in the kitchen during these days, and one of the best recipes is this because it is easy and very tasty. You can make them in the shape of a gingerbread man, a gingerbread house, a Christmas tree. Here we bring you the basic recipe. Hope you like it a lot.
This is the basic recipe for making both cookies and gingerbread houses, which has many properties. Then everyone can decorate it however they want. Do not hesitate to do it because it is a fun recipe to cook with children during these Christmas days.
4 cups flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1 cup of butter at room temperature
1 cup of brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup of honey or molasses
How to make these Soft Gingerbread cookies:
1. The dry ingredients are mixed well. The flour, ginger, yeast, cinnamon, and cloves.
2. Beat the butter, which will be at room temperature, with the sugar until it dissolves completely. We put the honey or molasses and the egg, and finally, we incorporate the mixture of the flour with the spices. We have to achieve a mixture that is as homogeneous as possible.
3. If it remains excessively sticky we can incorporate some more flour until it is firmer and more manageable, but beware, do not put too much flour since otherwise it is possible that the cookies are too hard when baking them.
4. Place the dough in a plastic bag or in an airtight plastic container. Reserve in a cool place for at least 2 hours and maximum 6 hours.
5. Stretch the dough directly on parchment paper so that there is no deformation when transferring the dough to the baking tray.
6. You will see how the dough is sticky. It can be spread with the roll between two sheets of parchment or oven paper and then frozen before cutting with the molds since it can be difficult to peel the paper.
7. The moment of truth arrives. Cut the gingerbread cookies and give them either the shape of a gingerbread house or the shape of a gingerbread man or the way you like it. This is where children have a better time.
8. To finish, it is necessary to bake preheated at 180ºC for 11 to 15 minutes for large pieces, from 6 to 8 minutes for small pieces. Keep a close eye on the first ones to know how much time you have to leave them because it will depend on a lot of the thickness of the cookie.
Here we leave you more easy recipes for cookies that will surely make your children and you have a great time.